Butternut squash is a great source of healthy carbohydrates, magnesium and antioxidant carotenoid
We deliver all this
- 120g chestnut mushrooms
- 1/2 chicken stock cube
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 leek
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 x 170g free-range chicken breast
- 400g butternut squash
- 40g creamed coconut
- 40g kale
- Medium handful of fresh tarragon
- Boil a kettle. Dissolve the creamed coconut and chicken stock in a jug of 200ml boiling water. In a bowl, mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp cold water.
- Finely chop the garlic and thinly slice the leek, removing the root end. Finely slice the mushrooms. Roughly chop the kale and the tarragon.
- Peel and cut the squash into 1cm pieces. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium-sized pan, heat 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and fry the garlic and chicken for 5 mins, then add the leek and mushrooms for a further 3 mins. Add the the creamed coconut and stock, cornflour and the kale, simmer for 5 mins. Then stir in the tarragon and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Meanwhile, place the squash in a saucepan and cover with boiling water and add a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 10 mins, then drain and mash with a potato masher.
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the chicken and mushroom mix in an ovenproof dish and top with the squash mash. Grill for 5 mins until turning golden.
- Serve the creamy chicken and mushroom pie with squash mash on two warm plates.